Date(s) - 04/11/2021 - 05/17/2021
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Happy Mama Place
Birth Boot Camp wants to help you prepare for an AMAZING hospital birth experience. Our Hospital Birth Class is specifically designed for those planning a hospital birth who want to be informed and able to navigate their birthplace. Communication, labor tools, and knowledge specific to the hospital birth experience can help you be empowered for your birth.
You will learn information specific to your hospital birth experience.
- Hospital Policies Which Will Likely Affect Your Birth
- Testing: GBS, Ultrasound, and Vaginal Exams and Your Birth
- Due Dates: When, Why & How Induction Works
- Comfort measure: Neck & Shoulder Massage
- Epidurals & Endorphins: From Stirrups to natural birth and how we got here
- Common Sense Tips for Reducing Pain
- Doulas: Everything You Need to Know
- Relaxation: Releasing Tension During Labor & Pregnancy
- Getting Started: Pre and Early Labor
- Getting Serious: Active Labor and Transition
- What Do Contractions Feel Like? Is this It? What now?
- Top 10 Tools for Dad
- The Importance of Communication: Learning to Talk and Listen in Labor
- Pushing: How You and Your Baby Work Together
- Pushing Positions: What You Need to Know Beforehand
- Special Considerations: Feeling Safe During Pushing
- Third Stage: Delivery of the Placenta
- Reasons for a Cesarean: Making it a Good Experience
- Variations of Labor: Handling Situations that May Arise
- Your Birth Plan: A Communication Tool
- Newborn Procedures: Creating a Postpartum Plan
- Comfort measures for Hospital Birth
Instructor: Heather Whitcomb with Butterfly Doula
Please wear comfortable clothes and bring a few pillows. You are welcome to bring snacks and drinks or anything you need.
I do ask that only the expecting mother and main support person attend class. No children please.
Class size is limited to 4 couples.